Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Chicken Carbonara My Way




This recipe is done my way. It is sooooo creamy and good! It is loaded with fat so if you are allergic to fat then don't try it. Just click the x at the top of the page and get out of here. I can feel my hips getting bigger as I eat this delicious bowl of pasta.

Now let me say that my kids are not big on some cheeses. They don't like alot of parmesan or asiago type cheeses. So I invented this recipe so that we both can enjoy it. On to the recipe....


Ingredients:

1.25 lbs of Chicken Breast
1 Onion
3 cloves Garlic
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tbsp. Butter (Salted/Unsalted)
1/2 lb Bacon (Center Cut is Best)
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
4 oz. Cream Cheese
1 lb. Farfalle Pasta
1 cup of Mushrooms (Optional)
1/2 cup Chicken Broth (If you don't use your own)


Go ahead and add your bacon to the oven at 400 for 30mins or you can fry it in a pan. Some ovens will vary so keep an eye on it. You want it to be crispy. Once the bacon is done, drain the fat and let it sit on some paper towels. While your bacon is in the oven or frying, go ahead and chop up the onion and garlic.

Add 4-6 quarts of water to a pot. Add your chicken. Season your water really good because you are going to make your own chicken broth. I usually season my water with Salt, Pepper, Seasoned Salt, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder. Boil your chicken in your water until your chicken is done. Remove your chicken from your water. DO NOT empty your water. You are going to add your pasta to your water. You may need to add a little bit more water to your pot to boil your pasta. Boil your pasta until it is al dente. Drain pasta and let it sit. I give mine a little rinse so it doesn't stick to my strainer. Reserve 1/2 cup of water/broth from the pot before you empty your pot. If you don't want to use your own chicken broth then you can substitute it for 1/2 cup of store bought Chicken Broth.

In a sauté pan, add 2 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Once melted, add your onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Sauté until the onions and garlic are translucent. Add 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth to pan and let evaporate. Add 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream, 4 oz. Cream Cheese, and 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese to your pan and let simmer until your sauce is to the consistency that you want. You can season your sauce a bit but don't season it too much because you are going to add bacon at the end and it has salt in it. Once your sauce is to the consistency that you want, add in your chicken, let it simmer for another 5 mins then add in your pasta. Give it a good stir until your pasta is coated with your sauce really good. Crumble up your bacon on top of your pasta and serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken & Rice Casserole

This is my version of Chicken & Rice Casserole. My friend Thad could eat this every day. Everytime he visits, this is what he wants me t...